Abalinx 6 September 2020 Peter Adamis
My main question is whether Australians are in denial, (head in the sand) in decline or in danger of losing their identity. I ask this question because of the current COVID-19 lockdown double standards, hypocrisy & approach to handling the pandemic. A copy of the article maybe downloaded by clicking on: ARE AUSTRALIANS IN DENIAL, DECLINE OR IN DANGER OF LOSING THEIR AUSSIE IDENTITY
Double standards by the various Australian State Premiers, poor and weak opposition political parties followed by a well intentioned but handcuffed Federal government. I am at loss for words at the perceived and alleged negativity and actions of our law enforcement agency in Victoria. Once the pride of police forces throughout the world, their credibility has been tarnished.
This is not the Australia I grew up with. I am child of a post war year era where mankind (Western world) put aside the horrors of fascism, dictatorship and draconian regimes to build a right new future. Australia welcomed families such as my own. Parents leaving the old country with two young children, to a land on the other side of the world; far from the horrendous Civil War that tore families apart. We embraced our new environment, honoured those developed the nation, paid tribute to those who considered themselves the ‘First Peoples’, abided by the laws of the land, respected its institutions, played all types of sport, hung around with child hood mates and wore the uniform of Australia without the need to be called upon.
Therefore, I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that I have done my bit for my home, a home that I call Australia. My family is there, my mates, cobbers and diggers alike and many are buried beneath its soil. At my age (70), I did not see the need to keep on fighting or having to prove that I was worthy of the label “Aussie”. Yet now after some 66 years as an Australian, I feel compelled to rise up again to march one last time, alongside my cobber, digger mates with whom I served to voice my opinion and stand up to be counted against the journey our home is currently travelling. A journey of cultural change known only but to a few who are in control of our destiny. Worst still are we returning to an era of mistrust, dobbing in and not loving thy neighbour or having a beer with mates, family gathering, and a walk in the park or a stroll down the beach.
I say that as an elderly citizen of this nation, I worry like everyone else about the effects of the COVID-19 virus and its deadly embrace once an individual is infected. I also am aware that those with poor immune systems (such as me), prevailing health challenges and life threatening illnesses are at more risk than young healthy individual. However despite my knowledge of the effects of the silent virus, I become concerned and ask questions when I see, hear and read of the following occurring in my home (Australia):
a. The Law Institute is concerned at the actions of our law agencies and misuse of assets;
- the Environmental, Occupational, Health and Safety are of the belief that the pandemic could have been handled differently;
- families torn apart from loved ones;
- state Borders closed;
- narcissistic and self interest State Premiers who put their State first before the interests of the nation and of its people, hoping to curry favour with the people within in their State;
- police assets being misused to entrap, seek out and arrest citizens for voicing an opinion;
- manipulation of alleged computer modelling to suit current environmental conditions;
- the infighting and lack of cooperation between the State and federal Governments;
- draconian and poorly thought out lockdown concepts;
- political misuse and manipulation of statistics to instil fear and dread into society,
- a news media that has lost its credibility, integrity, impartiality and now is viewed with suspicion because it adds fuel to the fire. It achieves this by the use of dramatic, damaging language such as shock and awe headlines, fear, mistrust to raise their revenue and ratings, into a society that is seeking solutions and encouragement,
- a poor understanding by the alleged government medical experts on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and its relationship to the COVID-19 VIRUS. Masks do not stop the spread of the virus. (Masks are merely a behavioural reminder that that the virus is real and that precautionary steps are required to be taken);
- Police force enforcing legislation designed to keep people at home with the bare minimum of human interaction, (Poor optics of police concepts and measures. Not my words but those of the police). A police force that does not want to be doing this to a society they have sworn to serve and protect;
- Blatant misuse, manipulation and double standards of essential workers, (such as construction workers, parking inspectors), or of football teams and their families, celebrities, protesters, police forces, overseas students, inbound overseas travellers to name but a few.
At my age I am finding it difficult reconciling my respect for our current decision makers and leaders with the institutions and culture of my youth
I would hazard a guess that many of our law representatives are regretting much of what they are being ordered to do. Yet they do have the option of not following unlawful commands. In Australia, our police forces allegedly being separated from political interference are far from their brethren in France who stepped aside from taking actions against their own citizens.
As an ex serviceman, I have great sympathy for our police force in Victoria, knowing full well what can happen when you do not follow the orders of a superior. I know that a few have had previous service with our Australian Defence Force and have a duty to serve, but having said that I wish them the best and hope they are permitted to use their initiative when visiting homes of alleged demonstrators, lockdown escapees, pregnant women, celebrations, journalists and those whose wealth is a sign of their status in life.
I am just an ordinary bloke who has been monitoring the COVID-19 virus with interest since it first hit our nation. I did so, because of journalistic curiosity using my Environmental Occupational, Health and Safety risk analysis qualifications to arrive a different course of action to that taken by the Federal and State governments.
I am not saying that the deadly virus is a conspiracy or that it does not exist, other than to state that other options could have been considered with a lot less risk to the health and well being of a once vibrant, healthy and resilient society. I have written a number of articles on the subject, many of which are on social media on the website below. But then again, why should society listen to me. I am merely posing questions that are in ever ones lips.
Questions such conditions that add to the suicide rate, neglect of our elderly, loss of youth, loss of a generation, loss of an economy, loss of jobs; manipulation by the media, unjust laws, all of which lead to a whole new order of change that no one knows the outcome except the few who are in control. In conclusion, I for one look forward to the next free elections in the state of Danistan (Victoria – home of a once free state) that is no longer free but under martial law, war time conditions, censorship, a police state and where its citizens now have fear and mistrust as their companions.
The following links are examples should anyone wish to follow and make their minds up.
Peter Adamis is a Journalist/Social Media Commentator and writer. He is a retired Australian military serviceman and an Industry organisational, Environmental & Occupational (OHS) & Training Consultant whose interests are within the parameters of domestic and international political spectrum. He is an avid blogger and contributes to domestic and international community news media outlets as well as to local and Ethnic News. He holds a Bachelor of Adult Learning & Development (Monash), Grad Dip Occupational Health & Safety, (Monash), and Dip. Training & Assessment, Dip Public Administration, and Dip Frontline Management. Website: abalinx.com
THE PEOPLES RESPONSE